The Golden Rule philosophy is to "do unto others as they would like you to do unto them." If you don't know what they like, you can always ask. If you treat people fairly and go out of your way just to make people happy, you will usually have the same favor returned to you. You can learn something from everyone you meet, and before you ever judge someone see what they have to offer, before you misjudge them.
If only the world could live by this simple rule. But adopting this rule here and now I can guarantee you will live a happy and successful life. Its that simple.
1. Write down five ideas on how you can improve your customer service, starting right away. This quote possibly could become your greatest competitive edge.
2. Pick a way you can incorporate Focus Intensity Training into your well-being practice. This could be the number one key to strengthening your mind and body.
3. Norman Vincent Peale said "People become remarkable when they begin to truly believe in themselves." What is your mind actually telling you? Write down five negative thoughts that you replay in your mind on a consistant basis. Then write down the positive replacement for each factor.
4. Effective leadership begins with a vision. Use where you are going to shape your vision~ use your goals~ and values to define your journey.
5. Make sure you set aside free time for yourself to relax. This can help stimulate your mind, and who knows your next big idea might just start right there.
I date each page, and end each page with my goal and a few ideas. Last night in my journal I wrote I should write about keeping a journal, and here I am :).
Keeping a journal can help you do three major things
1st~ Solve Problems
Some problems are hard to solve just in your mind. If you can write down the pros and cons and your feelings about each in a journal, more often than not the answer is found.
2nd~ Gain directness
It's a great idea to turn to your journal when you are confused about what to do. Whether you should quit your job, move to a new area, if your on the right track with your money. Its amazing how clear things become after you write them in your journal.
3rd~ Verify Your Progress
When you are frustrated you can also go back and read through your journal, and view all your progress. When I Look through past journal entrys, its hard to believe how far I have come.
Here are Quotes from Pickens on his Work Ethic.
Make The Call: "Sometimes the window of opportunity is open only briefly. Waiting is not a decision, although many people think it is. Be willing to make decisions. Thats the most important quality in a good leader. Don't Fall victim to what I call the ready-aim-aim-aim-aim syndrome. You must be willing to fire."
Take a Long View: "To make the big money, I've found it best to take a long-term view, stay focused and not get spooked by the temporary fluctuations in the market. When I have the odds in my favor, I put my money up and keep it up. If the fundamentals change, I get the hell out of there"
Be Accessible:" The best way to sidestep the disasters is to be available.
Analyze Well: "Information is everything. You can never have enough, and as you get older you find that keeping current keeps you in the game."
Learn from Mistakes: "It's all right to get your fingers crushed in the door, but don't let the same door crush them twice."
Keep Priorities Straight: "Far too many executives have become more concerned with the four P's- pay,perks,power,and prestige- rather than making profits for shareholders."
Hire Good People: "What I am always looking for is people who can do a job better than I can."
Balance it out:"Work eight hours and sleep eight hours, and make sure that they are not the same eight hours."
Forget about Age: "Give young people a chance."
Look on the Bright Side: "I told a friend, This is the kind of market that builds character. He looked at me and said, If it gets any worse, you'll have more character than Abe Lincoln."
Have a Plan:"A fool with a plan can outsmart a genius with no plan."
If the information on my blog helps you and you'd like to make a donation to NapoleonHillslaw.com, please use the options below. The amount you donate is entirely up to you.
Why donate? Allen would like to spend his time directly helping people by creating new blog posts and articles with the primary intention of serving the good of all. If you want to support Allen in his mission to help people succeed and live up to their true potential, please make a donation. Any amount is appreciated.
To make a donation via Pay Pal, credit card, or e-check, please click the button below:
294 louden road
Saratoga springs NY, 12866
Please make checks payable to "Allen Loomis."
Thank you for your support and inspiration!
Robert Francis Kennedy
This code of Ethics has been taken directly out of Napoleon hills book The Law of Success. I have adopted these codes for myself, and I feel I must post them exactly the way they are so others to can adopt them. Out of everything That I have learned about the Law of Success, I believe this is one of the most important.
1. I believe in the Golden Rule as the basis of all Human conduct. Therefore I will never do to another person that which I would not be willing for that person to do to me if our positions were reversed.
2. I will be honest, even to the slightest detail, in all my transactions with others, not only because of my desire to be fair with them but also because of my desire to impress the idea of honesty on my own subconscious mind, thereby weaving this essential quality into my own character.
3. I will forgive those who are unjust toward me, with no thought as to whether they deserve it or not, because I understand the law through which forgiveness of others strengthens my own character and wipes out the effects of my own transgressions, in my subconscious mind.
4. I will be just, generous, and fair with others always, even though I know these acts will go unnoticed and unrewarded, in the ordinary terms of reward, because I understand and intend to apply the law through the aid of which one's own character is but the sum total of one's own acts and deeds.
5. Whatever time I may have to devote to the discovery and exposure of the weaknesses and faults of others I will devote, more profitably, to the discovery and correction of my own.
6. I will slander no person, no matter how much I may believe another person may deserve it, because I wish to plant no destructive suggestions in my own subconscious mind.
7. I recognize the power of thought as being an inlet leading into my brain from the universal ocean of life, therefore I will set no destructive thoughts afloat upon that ocean lest they pollute the minds of others.
8. I will conquer the common human tendency toward hatred, and envy, and selfishness, and jealousy, and malice, and pessimism, and doubt, and fear, for I believe these to be the seed from which the world harvests most of its troubles.
9. When my mind is not occupied with thoughts that tend toward the attainment of my Definite Chief Aim in life, I will voluntarily keep it filled with thoughts of courage, and Self-Confidence, and goodwill toward others, and faith, and kindness, and loyalty, and love for truth and justice, for I believe these to be the seed from which the world reaps its harvest of progressive growth.
10. I understand that a mere passive belief in the soundness of the Golden Rule philosophy is of no value whatsoever, either to myself or to others. Therefore, I will actively put into operation this universal rule for good in all my transactions with others.
11. I understand the law through the operation of which my own character is developed from my own acts and thoughts. Therefore, I will guard with care all that goes into its development.
12. Realizing that enduring happiness comes only through helping others find it, that no act of kindness is without its reward, even though it may never be directly repaid, I will do my best to assist others when and where the opportunity appears.
I Have posted this code above my computer, and view it daily. Adopt it, live by it, and live the happy life in which you desire.
Others may deprive you of your material wealth and cheat you in a thousand ways, but no man can deprive you of the control and use of your imagination. Men may deal with you unfairly, as men often do; they may deprive you of your liberty; but they cannot take from you the privilege of using your imagination.
In your imagination you always win."
Imagination is the most important factor when you are entering the art of selling. The master salesman is always the one who makes use of imagination. A outstanding merchant relies upon his imagination for the ideas that make their business sell.
If given that opportunity any customer will give the alert salesman a clue as to the particular merchandise that should be stressed in a effort to make a sale. Watch your customers and use your imagination! Depending on the products you sell, visualize your customer and what product suits them best.
Always be yourself, and always use your imagination. I believe your imagination at times is your self conscious telling you what you want in life. When you dream your imagining. When your imagine the opportunity for dreams to become a reality present themselves. Tell yourself you will be successful, picture yourself with success. Just like the master salesmen picks the right shirt for the right customer, Pick the right dreams for yourself and make the sale.
Everyone desires to be rich, but not everyone knows what constitutes true riches.
The 12 Types of Enduring Riches
1.Positive Mental Attitude
2.Sound physical health
3.Harmony in human relations
4.Freedom from fear
5.Hope of future achievement
6.Capacity of applied faith
7.Willingness to share blessing
8.Labor of love
9.Open mind on all subjects
11.Wisdom to understand people
Riches begin with a state of mind, with definite of purpose. Know what you want and you will generally be able to get it. Have faith in what your doing and who you are. The you can accomplish anything as long as you believe you can. Work on these 12 steps, and enduring riches will be at your grasp. I have no doubt of that. I am only 20 years of age, am I successful?
I'm not trying to sell you anything nor am I trying to change your beliefs. I am simply offering you a proven guide to riches, a guide which I am a testimonial of. Read my blog, adopt the science of success, and make your dreams come true. This blog is my way to give back, and I hope you accept my generous offer.
"As long as a man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way."
-Orison Swett Marden
Enthusiasm is important; so important, that until you have it highly developed you cant even begin to imagine its potential in the work of your success. Enthusiasm is a state of mind that inspires one to put action into the task which is at hand. Not only does it do this but it is also contagious, and vitally affects not only the enthusiast, but all with whom they come in contact with.
Enthusiasm is the vital moving force that impels action and the greatest leaders are people who can inspire enthusiasm to their followers.
Enthusiasm is the most important factor entering into sales, and by far, the most important factor that enters into public speaking.
Learn how to create Enthusiasm
George Bernard Shaw
The Six Basic Fears
~The fear of poverty
~The fear of old age
~The fear of criticism
~The fear of loss of love of someone
~The fear of Ill health
~The fear of death
Study this list, and then take inventory of your own fears, then ascertain under which of these six fears they belong. Every person who has reached the age of understanding is bound down, to some extent, by one or more of these fears. Determine which ones you have and then begin working right away to eliminate them from your life. This is the first step to develop a business Self-Confidence.
When you conquer these fears you will no longer have to hear "You can't do it, you are afraid to try, you are afraid of public opinion, you are afraid that you will fail, you are afraid you do not have the ability." Instead you will believe in yourself and get exactly what you want.
This book according to Napoleon Hill teaches the thirteen steps to riches. This book also offers many exercises and questionnaires to help you with your own self analysis and progress. One of the main things I took from Napoleon Hills books and is reiterated often within Think and Grow Rich, Is that all mistakes are not failures, but learning opportunities. This mistakes also create a seed for a equal or greater achievement.
This book is as relevant today as it was 100 years ago, and has made scores of men rich. Napoleon worked 25 years to accomplish this theory, and its proven and true. Never give up, and make your dreams become a reality.
You can get your copy of Think and Grow Rich for only $8.00 here at Think and Grow Rich. This is a opportunity, and life changing experience, and I owe all my success directly to Napoleon Hill and The Law of Success.
1. Form the habit of interesting yourself in other people, and make it your business to find their good qualities and speak of them in terms of praise.
2. Develop the ability to speak with force and conviction, both in your ordinary conversational tones and before public gatherings, where you must use more volume.
3. Dress in style that is becoming to you and appropriate to the work in which you are engaged.
4. Develop a positive character, through the aid of the methods out-lined in this lesson.
5. Learn how to shake hands so that you will express warmth and enthusiasm through this form of greeting.
6. Attract other people to you by first "attracting yourself" to them.
7. Remember that your only limitation, within reason, is the one that you set up in your own mind.
Taken from Napoleon Hills book, The Law of Success.
These seven points cannot create a pleasing personality all on their own, it takes dedication and work as well. You must have a firm determination to transform yourself into the person you would like to be.
I believe that the second and fourth are the most important parts of this formula. You need to be confident in yourself, and in your actions before creating a pleasing personality. Also use the Law of attraction and attract to you people you want to attract.
Enthusiasm does not know defeat! The sales manager who knows how to send out a army of enthusiastic sales people may set his or her own price on their services. By doing this they can increase the earning capacity of every person under their direction. Enthusiasm then benefits not only them self but possibly hundreds as well.
1. Occupation in the work that one loves best
2. Environment where one comes into contact with others who are enthusiastic and optimistic.
3. Financial success
4. Complete mastery and application, in one's daily work, of the Laws of Success.
5. Good health
6. Knowledge that one has served others in some helpful way.
7. Good clothes, appropriate to the needs of one's occupation.
Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you ready or not, to put this plan into action.
Edison failed 10, 000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.
Every person who wins in any undertaking must be willing to cut all sources of retreat. Only by doing so can one be sure of maintaining that state of mind known as a burning desire to win - essential to success.
Great achievement is usually born of great sacrifice, and is never the result of selfishness.
It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed.
Your keys to success
Binding Contract of Commitment
It is the intention of the undersigned to move forward toward this goal in thought and action and to make all of the positive choices necessary to obtain it.
I understand that this goal is what I want for me and that every positive choice I make, no matter how small, is a step toward the fulfillment of this goal. From this day forward I will not be denied any longer. This is the day in my life that I finally make the choices that I need to and quit taking the easy way out. I will pay the price that is necessary to reach my goal, because I know the pain of not fulfilling myself is greater than the pain of doing any job, no matter how difficult.
Signature of Intent
Congratulations, you created a vision in your mind and brought that vision into reality in your life by believing in that vision and moving relentlessly toward it through wise choices.
Signature of Acceptance
*From Premeditated Success by Tom Murphy
Other Success Articles
In 1962 Sam Walton opened the first Walmart in Rogers, Arkansas. By 1970 it became a chain of stores across the country.
From Walton's Biography, Made In America: My Story, he outlines what he believes to be the ten commandments of business management.
1. Commit to your goals
2. Share your rewards
3. Communicate all you know
5. Value your associates
6. Celebrate your success
7. Listen to everyone
8. Deliver more than you promise
9. Work smarter than others
10. Blaze your own path
Walton firmly believe that "individuals don't win, teams do." When Walton died in 1992 he was the richest man in the world.